Home Study Courses
Knowledge alone can give us a sense of detachment, without which life is a bondage and freedom only a dream.
Foundation Vedanta Course
ABOUT THE COURSE / COURSE OVERVIEW
Swami Chinmayananda, the founder of Chinmaya Mission, initiated a unique method to study Vedanta at home through easy lessons. These lessons are made available from Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF). The primary aim of this Home Study Course is to introduce you to the timeless Vedantic Philosophy and to enable you to apply its priceless wisdom in your day-to-day life. One could choose either the postal or online mode to study the Foundation Vedanta Course (FVC). The materials of study for both the courses are the same, regardless of whether you receive your lessons by post or online. There is no need for one to change one’s faith, religion or spiritual master to pursue the FVC.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / REWARDS
The philosophy of Vedanta gives the right vision of life. It enables an individual to face the situations and problems of life, be it in profession, family or interpersonal relationships, with ease and dexterity. Clarity of thinking and right vision of life enables peace of mind and efficient living. Spiritual seekers shall be able to understand the spirituality and walk the path of sadhana effectively.
Any individual who seeks to know the Vedantic Philosophy and earnestly wishes to apply it in his life is welcome to join the FVC. Sanskrit knowledge is not required for this course. This is not a course for mere academic knowledge, it is rather aimed at transforming oneself. For taking this course ‘online’, basic computer knowledge is required.
Head – Home Study Courses
Chinmaya International Foundation
Adi Sankara Nilayam
Pin – 682313, Kerala, India.
Phone: +91-92077-11140 | +91-484-2749676
DISCUSSION FORUM / CHAT BLOG
We recommend students of the Vedanta Courses to discuss, share, and exchange notes with fellow students through the CIF Online Discussion Forum / Chat Blog. Visit http://forum.chinfo.org
The Foundation Vedanta Course is available in Online and Postal Modes.
In Online Mode the lessons are downloaded from website and answers are also given online. Evaluation grades are also online. In addition, the students of the Online Mode have access to the Video Recordings of each lesson which they can watch and learn simultaneously. In Postal Mode the lessons will be sent by post, the answers need to be sent back by post. Grades can be viewed online.
FOUNDATION VEDANTA COURSE ONLINE
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE SESSIONS
- One year is the duration of the Foundation Online Vedanta Course.
- The course comprises of 24 lessons (@ 2 lessons per month) and a total of 12 Objective type questionnaires (one questionnaire covering two lessons).
- Online mode is available for those who register for this.
- Registered students will be provided access credentials and link to online platform.
- You can register from our website. Once payment is received your registration for the Course will be activated.
- Log on to the website and then access your Course through ‘My Courses’ Section.
- Download your first lesson, attend the session and then submit your answers through the ‘Take Exam’ option.
- Attendance will be tracked through the system.
- Within 30 days of downloading your PDF Course material (2 lessons), you have to submit your answers online.
- Your answers are checked automatically by the system and the score is displayed.
- Once your answers are submitted online, you will be able to download the next set of lessons.
- Those who successfully complete the course will be given a ‘Course Completion Certificate’ of merit signed by Pujya Swami Swaroopananda ji, Head of Chinmaya Mission Worldwide. You could collect the ‘Course Completion Certificate’ either during our convocation programme on Adi Sankara Jayanti day (around April – May every year) or opt for postal delivery.
FOUNDATION VEDANTA COURSE POSTAL
- One year is the duration of the Foundation Postal Vedanta Course.
- The course comprises of 24 lessons (@ 2 lessons per month) and a total of 12 questionnaires (one questionnaire covering two lessons).
- After your enrollment, you will be receiving 3 sets (6 lessons) of lessons and 3 questionnaires by courier / post.
- You have to send your answers for one questionnaire within one month from the date of receipt of lessons.
- After your answers are checked by the Course Tutor, the same will be returned to you for your observation along with the next set of 6 lessons. A score will also be assigned to your answers.
- Those who successfully complete the course will be given a ‘Course Completion Certificate’ of merit signed by Pujya Swami Swaroopananda ji, the Head of Chinmaya Mission Worldwide. You could collect the ‘Course Completion Certificate’ either during our convocation programme on Adi Sankara Jayanti day (around April – May every year) or opt for postal delivery.
DISCUSSION FORUM WITH MODERATOR
Guidance notes for the students to use the ‘Discussion Forum’ for both Online and Postal Modes, will be mailed separately on registration for the Course.
FOUNDATION VEDANTA COURSE
Please note: All Course Fees are non-refundable. We recommend you view the sample lessons provided in each Course before you register.
|Course Title||Course Fee ( +GST @ 18% )
|Foundation Vedanta Course Online||4000.00 INR/
|Foundation Vedanta Course Postal||5000.00 INR/